Files for Robotech & Rifts
WARNING: WORK IN PROGRESS! These are the old, unrevised files. As each file is updated, it will be moved to the other site (reachable from the main page for my site)
Files Available for transfer
General Purpose Files
These are the files for all the games in the Palladium System.
- The Palladium Books Fan FAQ list The newest incarnation of a FAQ started several years ago by Robotechie, This site now hosts it. The FAQ covers a lot of the history, rules questions, and deep mysteries of Palladium, its products and its creators.
- Palladium Games Character Sheet: Primarily for characters that are at best major psionics.
- Character creation tables: Mostly for Robotech; hair and eye color tables, along with pregnancy tables for those characters not practicing safe sex....
- Critical Tables: for Robot Vehicles, Mecha, Power Armor and Body Armor; using simple double damage is so boring...
- Miscellaneous Rules for Rifts, such as Rail Gun ammo, bartering rules, (also applicable to all other games) ways to speed up combat and elaboration on how mini-missiles work.
- Perception: The Protoculture Addicts version of the attribute, modified by me to be more game balanced.
- The Compiled Palladium Skill List (no definitions). Coming soon - an index to allow you to look up skills from across the Megaverse (so to speak). What the Rifts Index books did for looking up equipment, this will do for looking up those skills you wonder "Where in the hell did the character get this?" about. Also will include suggested alternate skill categories for some skills (for example, "Brewing" from PFRPG is hardly a medical skill, outside that RPG's setting).
- Skill Expansions. - Coming soon. Given that some skills' printed versions haven't been changed much since the mid-80s, there are several skills whose descriptions need updated for the modern day. Others have had implied uses, but no mechanics for it. Still more are O.C.C. skills for some O.C.C.s, yet all of their prerequisites are not allowed to the O.C.C. These files will be additions to the printed game text, to deal with these situations.
- Weapons and Armor Conversion System: This file is a system for converting Twilight: 2000 2nd Edition or SDC Heavy weapons and vehicles (from the Palladium SDC games) to Mega-Damage.
- Weapon Conversions from Twilight: 2000 Current choices are:
Cannon, Autocannon & Howitzers, Missiles, Rockets & Bombs. Eventually, I'll add a file with grenades, mines and mortars, as (possibly) an update file, should I get some more items that fit the finished tables.
- The Emaan Files: This is a writeup of the Emaan race and Equipment from Superdimension Century Orguss. It has been totally reworked, though I'd appreciate it if anyone that has the official dimensions and weights for the vehicles send them to me, so I can replace my guesses. I hope to soon put up the Chiram mecha designs and the Mu, from the same series. Suitable for Robotech and Rifts, as well as the LGSA setting below.
These are my files for or originating in the Robotech RPG.
- The Centaur Hovertank A conversion of the tank as it was in the Malcontent Uprisings comics. Now with graphics.
- The Unofficial Southern Cross Handbook; Parts One, Two, Three, and Five. A file so big, I wasn't about to set it up as one file. Part One is made up of the revised O.C.C.s, Part Two is the M.O.S. listing (with M.O.S. much more detailed than in the RPG, and sever new ones), and some new rules (such as an O.C.C. change method). Parts Three & Four will be specialized versions of the skill reference guide and skill expansion files above, when completed. Part Five is the New Mecha descriptions.
- The Haydonite R.C.C. for Robotech II: The Sentinels. Now, you can play the race overlooked by the RPG.
- The LDD-4 Laser Designator: This is a infantry-use designator, to allow laser targeting of targets that aren't in line of sight with the vehicle(s) launching the ordnance.
- Hit Location Tables for SC Veritechs, REF Veritechs and the alien mecha they faced. Taken from Protoculture Addicts.
- The MR-03 Rapier: An upgraded version of the official Robotech MR-02 Protector, for use immediately after the fall of Monument City, by the Merchant Republic in South America.
- The MR-04 Durendal: An update of a fan version of the MR-02 Protector sent to me by a couple of guys from Australia.
- MiG-34 Fighters: A pair of Robotech EBSIS fighters, with notes for design conversions to Rifts.
- Macross Memories: Rules and stats for stuff from the Macross Movie. Now with lots of graphics!
- Ranks for Robotech: A couple of simple tables, to tide me over until I can type in my T.O.E. files.
- Errata and modifications for the REF Z-4 Assault Battle Pod: A Veritech pod whose vehicle mode is a hovertank, and whose Guardian mode resembles the original OBP. Published in THE RIFTER #5, its entry here is now an update to correct some things I forgot in the Rifter version, as well as to make some changes to fit the version as drawn by Breaux.
- Revised REF Veritechs: Optional system for altering the weapons configuration on Alphas, Betas and Cyclones to fit the Game Master's interpretation of what the systems should be. Also includes two variant Vindicator designs that make more sense than the RPG design.
- Malcontent Stinger Construction Tables. All you need is a set of dice to put one together; but will your players survive it?
- The HERMES-1: Actually, a Stinger mecha belonging to the wife of the XO of Nazgul Squadron in one of my campaigns. A good example of just how deadly one of the Stingers can be...
- VR-064-XP Cyclone. A modified version of the Cyclone from Protoculture Addicts.
These are my files for or originating in the Rifts RPG (with possible Robotech influence).
- Note: The Hyper-Glitter writeup has been moved to the new page's "LGSA in Rifts" PDF.
- The CS Lone Star Turkey Commando R.C.C. "OH MY GOD, THEY'RE TURKEYS!!!!" Winner of the coveted "Palladium Dagger" from the Palladium Mailing list, this is a (humorous) creation I posted Thanksgiving morning.
- The Guardian Mystic This O.C.C. was my entry into the December Great Posting Challenge, on the Palladium Mailing List. A powerful defender, using both psionics and magic, it is severely weakened outside the realm it is supposed to protect.
Miscellaneous files, and Riftech
These are for the other RPGs, or the Robotech/Rifts melding I call Riftech.
Back to the Entry Page
- The Circles of Soul Transference: . Use the ultimate disguise; just don't think that you'll get your original body back...
- The Civilian Martial Artist O.C.C.: . An O.C.C. set up to be compatible with both Ninjas & Superspies and Mystic China (dual sets of rules). This is a variant on the Worldly Martial Artist, set up for characters with NO military training (the W.M.A. gets the Basic Military program - huh???). Instead, these are characters raised in the outside world, trained by their family in the arts. Finally, a way to play a martial artist under 21.
- Riftech: A WORK IN PROGRESS!!! This set of files will probably encompass at least 8 parts, and will not be completely uploaded until summer, at the earliest; BUT IT IS FORTHCOMING!!! The files have now been updated for some of the info in Spirit West and Coalition Navy.
Go on to the Riftech Page
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK NOTICES
Much of this material (especially in the FAQ above, and the page's background art) is based of material and game mechanics © 1983-2002 Kevin Siembieda and/or Palladium Books, and is used under the limited license given in full on the Palladium Books web page (http://www.palladiumbooks.com/). All rights reserved world wide. No part may be reproduced in part or whole, in any form or by any means, without permission from the publisher.
© 2002 Kevin Siembieda; © 2002 Palladium Books®, All rights reserved world wide.
No part of this work may be reproduced in part or whole, in any form or by any means, without permission from the publisher.
All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity to characters or persons living or dead is strictly coincidental.
Robotech® is © 1985-1999 Harmony Gold, Inc.
Rifts® is a registered trademark owned and licensed by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books, Inc.
Nightbane, Nightlands, Heroes Unlimited, Villains Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, Boxed Nightmares, Ninjas & Superspies, Mystic China, Palladium Fantasy RPG, Triax, Mindwerks, Vampire Kingdoms, The Juicer Uprising, Phase World, Wormwood, Psyscape, Mega-Damage, S.D.C., I.S.P., P.P.E., SAMAS, Splugorth, Cyber-Knight, Glitter Boy, Juicer, Mind Melter, Psi-Stalker, Coalition States, Northern Gun, Erin Tarn, Naruni are trademarks owned and licensed by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books, Inc.